Suffering Displays God's Comfort

 


Sometimes suffering is to demonstrate the power of God by demonstrating His ability to provide in grace in the midst of suffering. Paul suffered a thorn in the flesh. Some think it is his eye disease or some other physical ailments (pretty sure being beaten, stoned, or deprived while in prison will damage your health); others think a demon is literally bothering him. Whatever the cause for his suffering, God's refusal to alleviate the suffering taught Paul God's sufficient grace:


2 Corinthians 12:8-10

[8]Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me.

[9]And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

[10]Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.


It is while he is weak, that God's grace and power are demonstrated. If Paul is a rich man with lots of influence and army to back him up, any evangelism of the known world will be due to his own abilities. But take a man that from a worldly perspective is weak, and then using this man turn the known world upside down, then you have to think how can this weak man able to do what he did apart from divine enablement. So sometimes God allowed us to suffer to demonstrate to the world His ability to provide grace and power in that situation.


(Kung gusto ninyo ng karagdagang impormasyon, bisitahin ninyo kami. May pagtitipon kami sa Dahat, kada Linggo, alas 8:30-10:30 am. Sa Amoguis, 1:00-3:00 pm. Sana manampalataya kayo at kita-kita tayo.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isang Pag-aaral sa Efeso 2:8-9

Isang Pag-aaral sa 2 Corinto 5:17

Panalangin sa Kapatiran