Divine Discipline
Another reason believers suffer is because of divine discipline. Heb 12:1-15. Just like any Father God called His sons' attention when they are violating His instructions. These can come in the form of painful experiences which can include physical death. In Ps 38 we have a record of the painful experiences of David when he sinned against the Lord by taking another man's wife and orchestrating a murder to cover it up. Until he confessed his sins to God, David is suffering. The God-given solution when things like these happen is to confess the sin and move on.
At times we suffer for the glory of God. Addressing Jacob, Israel and Judah,
Isaiah 48:9-11
[9]"For the sake of My name I delay My wrath, And for My praise I restrain it for you, In order not to cut you off.
[10]"Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.
[11]"For My own sake, for My own sake, I will act; For how can My name be profaned? And My glory I will not give to another.
God afflicted His erring people to protect His name from being profaned and His glory being given to others. When Israel turned to other gods led by Ahaz, God seeked His people's return. When they refused He afflicted them for profaning His name and for giving glory He deserves to someone else. In John 9 a man was born blind from birth for the purpose that God's work in him will be manifested. That one day, Jesus will undo a lifetime of blindness so he can testify of and believe in the Son of Man.
(Kung gusto ninyo ng karagdagang impormasyon, bisitahin ninyo kami. May pagtitipon kami sa Dahat, kada Linggo, alas 8:30-10:30 am. Sa Amoguis, 1:00-3:00 pm. Sana manampalataya kayo at kita-kita tayo.)


Comments
Post a Comment