No One Cares For My Soul




Psalms 142:4

[4]Look to the right and see; For there is no one who regards me; There is no escape for me; No one cares for my soul.


Do you feel trapped by your circumstances and you are so alone that you think everyone is out there to get you? That people are laying snares to trap you and harm you? Well, David is literally trapped in a cave with the most powerful man in his country whose chief goal in life is to have him killed!


David is no stranger to caves but this particular prayer/lament/psalm, call it what you want, is probably spoken during the situation described in 1 Sam 24 when Saul unwittingly enter the cave David is in to relieve himself, thus putting his life at the mercy of the man he spent the last years of his life trying to kill. The chapter describes how well David handle himself, rather than harming Saul, placed him at the hands of God despite his men's urging. Psalms 142 tells us why. 


David is asking God for deliverance because he felt overwhelmed, vs 1-4. He felt trapped with snares laid out for him. You probably feel the same, but in David's case it is literally true. You probably feel no one cares for your well-being and probably that is just you thinking as you isolate yourself from people who cares. Or probably it is true that people around you gave up on you. Your life is probably in literal danger as David's is, and no one cares one iota if you breath or not. But hey here's the good news- look up!


Psalms 142:5-7

[5]I cried out to You, O Lord; I said, "You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.

[6]"Give heed to my cry, For I am brought very low; Deliver me from my persecutors, For they are too strong for me.

[7]"Bring my soul out of prison, So that I may give thanks to Your name; The righteous will surround me, For You will deal bountifully with me."


What man cannot do for you (care for you), God can! And David has the right idea. He called on to the LORD when everyone on earth gave up on him (or at least that is how he feels). And you can do the same because He cares for you. In fact he cared for you so much that He wasn't just thinking of saving you from temporal danger, He took the initiative to provide an eternal deliverance for you because He cares for your soul!


John 3:16

[16]"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.


Would you place your faith in Him who cares for your soul so much that He died to redeem it?


(Kung gusto ninyo ng karagdagang impormasyon, bisitahin ninyo kami. May pagtitipon kami sa Dahat, kada Linggo, alas 8:30-10:30 am. Sa Amoguis, 1:00-3:00 pm. Sana manampalataya kayo at kita-kita tayo.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mangagtanggapan kayo

Huwag mangaghatulan sa isa't isa

Mangagibigan Kayo sa Isa't Isa, Part 2